OUR COMMUNITY, OUR COMMITMENT
The mission of the North Plains Police Department is to enhance the quality of life in North Plains by working in partnership with the community to enforce the law, preserve peace, reduce fear, and maintain order. The Department is committed to accomplishing its mission to protect lives and property of all citizens of North Plains by treating every citizen with respect, professionalism and courtesy, and to enforce the laws impartially.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE COMMUNITY, WE PLEDGE TO:
* Protect the lives and property of our fellow citizens and impartially enforce the law.
* Reduce crime both by preventing it and by pursuing violators of the law.
* Maintain a higher standard of integrity than is generally expected of others because so much is expected of us.
* Value human life, respect the dignity of each individual and render our services with courtesy and civility.
Goal 1: Improve Quality of Life for All
* Reduce crime through prevention, and the identification/apprehension of criminal offenders.
* Improve priority call response times.
* Ensure effective policing by addressing community priorities.
Goal 2: Ensure Accountability to High Standards of Performance, Ethics and Professional Conduct
* Require professional and ethical behavior by employees.
* Achieve sound decision making through the application of Procedural Justice.
* Empower and develop the workforce to achieve excellence.
* Support an informed and trained workforce.
Goal 3: Strive for Continuous Improvement in Efficiency and Effectiveness
* Ensure continuous improvement of operations by identifying best practices in policing, new technology and equipment.
* Effectively utilize and manage our resources.
* Efficiently manage staffing levels.